Thank you for your interest in employment with Canterbury Tower.
Before completing the application, please read the following information:
Canterbury Tower is a smoke-free campus. What does this mean?
- Canterbury Tower wants to provide a smoke-free environment for all employees and visitors. This covers the smoking of any tobacco product and the use of oral tobacco products or “spit” tobacco, and it applies to both employees and non-employee visitors of Canterbury Tower.
- The use of tobacco products is not allowed on Canterbury property (or surrounding area). This includes inside your car.
- Canterbury Tower will help employees who want to quit smoking by helping them access recommended smoking cessation programs and materials.
Why are we promoting a smoke-free campus?
- Smoking cessation lowers the risk for lung and other types of cancer.
- Smoking cessation reduces the risk for coronary heart disease, stroke , and peripheral vascular disease. Coronary heart disease risk is substantially reduced within 1 to 2 years of cessation.
- Smoking cessation reduces respiratory symptoms, such as coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath. The rate of decline in lung function is slower among persons who quit smoking.
- Smoking cessation reduces the risk of developing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), one of the leading causes of death in the United States.
- Smoking cessation by women during their reproductive years reduces the risk for infertility. Women who stop smoking during pregnancy also reduce their risk of having a low birth weight baby.
- Dangers of second-hand smoke.
Initialing and continue with completing the application, you agree to abide by the above policy while on Canterbury Tower property.